Astrology for June
June Celestial Events:
- Jun 3 – New Moon in Gemini, this new moon encourages expansion, imagination, and sharing ideas with others. While the Gemini energy supports connection and conversation with others, its opposite sign, Sagittarius, gives us important information about balance during this season, especially with Jupiter in Sagittarius. Sagittarius is about staying focused on the goal or target. Don’t spread yourself too thin.
- Jun 4 – Mercury enters Cancer adding a feeling tone, which influences our thinking.
- Jun 14 – Mars now in Cancer opposes Saturn in Capricorn. This is a good time to slow down, gather yourself internally, and review your actions. Are you headed in the direction you want to go? What needs adjusting or reconsidering? If one plows ahead without taking time to reflect on one’s directions and actions, then the world may abruptly stop you, or present obstacles. Any obstacles at this time carry a seed of important information for you.
- Jun 17 – Full Moon in Sagittarius, Sun in Gemini. This air fire elemental combination heats things up. A positive way to ritually honor this full moon is to reaffirm what has meaning in your life, to take up courage, optimism, and confidence toward your goals and pursuits. This full moon energy is in counterpoint to the strong contractive energy of the Saturn Pluto Mars alignment. Staying centered and observant of the arising energies with an eye toward your intention steers the way.
- Jun 18 – Mercury conjuncts Mars in Cancer as both oppose Pluto. Watch for heated communications or old issues resurfacing to be transformed or let go of. Be aware of any inner or outer agitation. Giving time for meditation and reflection will clarify what is trying to be transformed.
- Jun 21 – Summer Solstice, Sun enters Cancer. Solstices are times of pause and stillness. This Solstice carries the energy of both imaginative creativity and inclusiveness (Venus, Jupiter, Neptune alignment) as well as the experience of opposing factions, (Mars, Mercury, Saturn Pluto). We are called to step into imaginative and compassionate means to resolve and transform issues of conflict, along with speaking truth with clarity to power. It requires skillfulness and consciousness that serves to release us from the tightly held narrative of our conditioning, and the present world programming.
- July 2 – Solar Eclipse at 10 Cancer, not visible to those in the USA. (More on this to follow) Mars enters expressive Leo leaving sensitive Cancer
In June, be aware of the strength of retrograde Saturn and Pluto as they begin their conjunction in Capricorn. Their ultimate aim is to transform systems, structures and patterns, releasing what is no longer useful and clarifying and renewing through self- inquiry. Often this process can be likened to giving birth. They can provide us with courage, perseverance, and determination. Together they act to sweep away the old, face squarely the problems that remain, to harness power and develop mastery. Their shadow is oppressive control and polarization, heightening warring factions both within ourselves and without. With Mars now opposing Saturn and Pluto there is more intensity with the conflicts that live within us and in the society around us. Our challenge is to maintain our calm center as we walk through this time with greater clarity in our words and actions. Take time during this Solstice, to pause, and reflect. Tune into Jupiter in Sagittarius for positive and affirming intentions of expansion of consciousness, imagination, and meaning. We are on the edge of breaking through to broader dimensions of what it means to be human on this Earth.
The Twelve signs for May 2019: For Sun and Rising Signs
Aries (Mar 20-Apr 19): There is a goal you have been working on. There is a transformation in the area of your career and public standing. You have had perseverance and intensity toward that goal. As you slow down now and regroup, you experience both accomplishment and let down. The let down clues you into the importance of slowing down and regrouping. A new level of integration, healing, or sensing yourself in a new way, is taking place. Reinstate your vision for yourself and move forward confidently.
Taurus (Apr 20-May 20): With Uranus now in Taurus there is a deep rumbling of change, of the need to break out and through. With Saturn Pluto transiting, now is the time to examine your thinking and overall attitudes. What are your underlying belief systems that have grown into unconscious ways of being and acting? There is a scouring going on to clarify which of these are beneficial to growth and which are obstructing greater growth and consciousness. Your words and communications carry great weight this month.
Gemini (May 21-Jun 20): This month, dear Gemini, you experience the light of Jupiter, encouraging expansion into new territory. With Neptune figuring into this configuration you can have high hopes and actively imagine the possibilities. On the 9th Venus moves into Gemini potentially bringing affection, pleasure and harmony. Keep your feet on the ground in the practicalities as you move forward with plans. Saturn and Pluto can bring up old issues to be confronted and understood on deeper levels, along with reconsideration of finances. Clarify your feelings and needs.
Cancer (Jun 21–Jul 21): Dear Cancer, have you been feeling more sensitive lately? Have you been experiencing the need to act and move and get things going? Is there a need arising that wants to shout aloud, but may feel blocked? Have faith in the bigger picture of what you are working towards. This is the time to cultivate mindfulness with compassion. Draw in your imaginative powers to come to new resolutions of old dilemmas. Your words have a lot of power this month.
Leo (Jul 22 – Aug 22): As Jupiter travels through Sagittarius you feel creative energies urging you into expression and manifestation. Your heart feels a fullness when you dip into these places. With Uranus now in Taurus you are craving change, a break through, significant revelation, to shift what is status quo. You are also being encouraged to carefully analyze your habits and how you care for yourself. Put in place a structure to implement these changes. Mars now stirs up your thoughts and imagination. Watch your dream life. You may be receiving important messages.
Virgo (Aug 23-Sep 22): Dear Virgo, with Uranus now moving through your house of travel aligning with your Virgo, in another earth sign, liberation and break through happens as you go to new places, feel into different cultures, and set your feet upon new lands. There is a call to merge and unite with the wild, to loose yourself in place and time, to enter different dimensions of being, whether imaginative or experiential. Share your words and insights with others this month. There is much energy around gatherings and friends. At times you must slow down and deeply gather yourself for the leadership position you find yourself in.
Libra (Sep 23-Oct 22): With Saturn and Pluto moving through your place of the deep subjective self and inner foundations, a profound reconfiguring of yourself is, and has been, taking place. This affects your standing in the community and what you aspire towards. As Mars comes to oppose both Saturn and Pluto, greater and greater clarification can come to you. Mars and Mercury conjunct to support this process. Mars brings the sword of clarity, which Mercury, through perception and communication, directs. Mindfulness, self-inquiry, and deeper listening support mastery as well as deepening into the flow of greater engagement. Know that we are all in this together.
Scorpio (Oct 23-Nov 21): Dear Scorpio, do you feel something breaking loose, shifting and liberating your experience? That Uranus, in the area of others, can open up opportunities for you, which create new possibilities. With Uranus in Taurus, now opposite your Scorpio, be open and alert to seek out new solutions to old problems. Mars now in Cancer heightens your sensitivity and perceptiveness. If you can slow down, you give yourself the opportunity to tune in at the soul level, experiencing deeper connections with those you love. If you have too much going on, the energies of Saturn and Mars can create frustration, conflict or obstacles. Remember that Saturn teaches mastery and Mars can bring greater clarity.
Sagittarius (Nov 22-Dec 20): This new moon seeds the month with enjoyment and appreciation with others. It might lead you into taking on more than you can easily manage. You may find yourself working hard with determination. With Jupiter and Neptune now aligning, remember to allow yourself time to imagine, create, explore nature or walk by the sea. Be thoughtful of your needs to be nurtured and cared for. You can go a long way galloping upon that Sagittarius horse toward your goal, but with Mars in Cancer, in your place of intimacy, be sure to touch in with your feelings.
Capricorn (Dec 21- Jan 19): Wow, Capricorn, you are in a total makeover! Sometimes it is arduous. But the labor is paying off as you strip away an identity, or sense of self, that no longer serves you. You are embodying a more authentic and integrated sense of self. With Mars in Cancer in the place of relationship opposing Saturn, be mindful as others may communicate with directness and clarity, or with defensiveness. Others may have needs or desires that you must thoughtfully consider, before responding. This can be an opportunity to stir up something that needs to shift and move. It can even activate your imagination into positive creative possibilities.
Aquarius (Jan 20-Feb 17): This is an excellent time for any practice that helps to align body, mind, and spirit, like yoga, chi gong, or mindfulness. Mars activates and gives energy in this area of your life. It will help to dislodge the old programming in your unconscious. As Uranus moves through Taurus internal awareness of your emotional patterns have the potential to liberate you into new ways of perceiving and moving through the world. Support this transition by gathering with friends and people of like minds. Jupiter travels through Sagittarius encouraging expansion, optimism and confidence through these endeavors.
Pisces (Feb 18-Mar 19): Dear Pisces let your imagination go. Travel, new experiences, or spiritual retreats activate new possibilities. You may experience a deep sense of pleasure, love and expandedness. Your creative flow is open, your story telling abilities are heightened. Mid-month you can be especially clear and direct in your communications. Saturn encourages you to slow down and carefully review your initial expression. Any obstacles bring refinement to you. As you allow yourself this clarity it benefits you by bringing forth the vision you have, the vision of how you want to participate and interface with the larger community.
Susan Heinz is a professional astrologer in Santa Cruz for 35 years, bringing together traditional & esoteric astrology, Tarot and Qabalah. For info on her Friday monthly astrology groups, her Qabalah, astrology and or, painting classes, and for personal consultations, call (831) 479-3751, or go to www.susanheinz.com.