Embracing the Vision of Change
2024 launches us into the new beginnings we clarified (or experienced) in 2023. After two years of great uncertainty, and last year re-finding a sense of direction, along with continual change, surprise, and letting go, 2024 takes up the thread of essentials from last year with forward movement. It’s helpful to look back to 2023 and review what decisions were made that now lead you/us forward. Collectively, we are still in uncertain times, times of transformation, change and renewal, of letting go and reassessing, (see below on Pluto changing signs). Based on decisions made and values clarified, 2024 encourages one to breakthrough to new places, find what inspires you, and grow in your ability to hold your sense of purpose, a vaster vision of interconnectedness, and conscious sustainable living.
Humanity is in an alchemical vessel of being cooked into transformation. The intensity between the old and the new ways increases, as we are polarized between the past and future, in this change of the ages. Aquarius is the fertile field in which we now find ourselves. What will our ideas and perspectives create for us? We struggle, like a huge serpent shedding its skin, for which values will lead us forward, being dominated by old world views, or will the positive visions for needed change and transformation gain momentum to create the new era? The next few years will form the answer.
With Mercury retrograde from mid December to January 1st, taking time to gather your intentions, to review what’s unfolded in 2023, and to clarify where you now, sets a positive launching pad for the movement and new projects in 2024. The beginning of the year supports planning, organizing, and learning, leading to a Spring of inspiration, breakthroughs, and beginnings. This is a year of lots of communication, connections, and possibilities. Midyear Jupiter enters airy Gemini while trining Pluto in Aquarius and enlarges upon the themes of transformation. There is strong energy for reform and regeneration.
2024, the year of the Wood Dragon in Chinese astrology
Begins February 9th (February 10th in China), at the 2nd New Moon after the Winter Solstice. We feel its energy entering in January
On February 9-10 we move into the dynamic year of the Dragon. A Dragon year will be fast moving and high energy with intensity. A symbol of the magical, mystical, and magnificent, the dragon can lift our spirits into passionate creativity. A year of transformation. In China, the dragon represents the Emperor, highly regarded, possessing power, eagerness, and zeal. It is said to be an excellent year to start a business, to travel, get married, have a child, and new endeavors will carry the passions of this Dragon year. In a Dragon year taking risks and pursuing goals are supported. The energy of the year can carry an exuberance of mission and daring. Though one must watch going to extremes, actions taken can manifest in success, or illusions of grandeur that fail dramatically. We can imagination the undulations of the flying Dragon to bring about extremes in earth motions, earthquakes, great waves, and volcanic eruptions. Finances and investments may fluctuate as well.
The element of Wood is the element of the Dragon in 2024. The wood element supports formulating and implementing ideas while working cooperatively with others. (Combine this with Pluto in Aquarius and Jupiter conjuncting Uranus and you have an excellent year for implementing your ideas, community efforts and projects). Wood is the element of Spring and implies quick growth, sudden breakthroughs.
Mercury retrograde goes direct on January 1st, at 22 Sagittarius, conjunct Mars
Mercury goes direct on January 1st like a green light allowing forward movement and decisive action as it is conjunct Mars in fiery and direct Sagittarius. It catches up with Mars, once again, in practical Capricorn on January 27th. (It had conjuncted Mars on Dec 27 when retrograde as well). A time to be direct, decisive, and focused toward our goals. The grand Earth trine with Sun, Jupiter, and the Moon (on the 1st) suggest staying grounded, especially with the shifts and changes of Pluto moving from Capricorn to Aquarius on the 20th. Jupiter and Saturn sextile as well in January, creating the energy for ideas and plans to be steady and enduring. (Chiron conjuncts the North Node in February).
Since mid December, what has become clearer? What priorities do we now see in going forward? What ideas and thoughts have now been clarified, so action can take place?
Planetary alignments for 2024
On January 20, 2024, Pluto enters Aquarius once again. Collective shifts of focus, see below
Significant series of harmonious Jupiter transits move us forward until August, including the powerful Jupiter Uranus conjunction, creating breakthroughs and transformations, or disruptive breakdowns and radical change. In August through June 2025, Jupiter will then square Saturn, slowing us down to take stock, make corrections and face realities. Question posed by aspect, what are we wanting to manifest for our and the planet’s future?. (see below)
Below is a a chronological listing of the notable planetary events
- The year begins with retrograde Mercury at 22 Sagittarius stationing and going direct on the 1st at 7:07 PM PST
- Pluto enters Aquarius again January 20, shifts back into Capricorn, Sept 1, to 29 Capricorn, then back into Aquarius in November 19th, when it stays in Aquarius until 2043, see below.
- In January and February, Jupiter and Saturn are within 1 degree sextile.
- Jupiter conjuncts Uranus at 22 Taurus on April 21st. Previous conjunction was 2010-11, at 28 Pisces
- Jupiter at 29 Taurus sextiles Neptune at 29 Pisces, May 23.
- Jupiter in Taurus and enters Gemini in May 25 through June 9 2025.
- Jupiter at 1 Gemini trines Pluto at 1 Aquarius, June 2.
- Jupiter reach a new phase in their 20 year cycle, the waxing square, exact August 19th, Jupiter at 17 Gemini, Saturn at 17 Pisces, then again in December 24th, at 14 Gemini and 14 Pisces.
- Jupiter at 21 Gemini sextiles Chiron in Aries, Oct 12 and again Nov 2
- Pluto, Uranus begin trine, both sextiling Neptune
- Mars goes retrograde (once in 2 years) on December 6th, at 6 Leo, retrograding back to 17 Cancer, February 23.
- Mars will oppose Pluto as it goes retrograde, from Nov 3 to January 2, 2025,
- Mercury retrograde in Fire signs (see below for calendar dates)
Planetary movement during the year – check your natal chart to see where these planets activate themes in your chart
Jupiter – 5 Taurus to 21 Gemini – Retrograde at 21 Gemini, Oct 8 – direct at 11 Gemini, Feb 4 2025
Saturn – 3 Pisces to 19 Pisces – Retrograde at 19 Pisces, Jun 29 – direct at 12 Pisces, Nov 15
Chiron – 15 Aries to 23 Aries – Retrograde at 23 Aries, July – direct at 18 Aries, Dec 2023
Uranus – 19 Taurus to 27 Taurus – Retrograde at 27 Taurus, Sep 1 – direct at 23 Taurus, Jan 20 2025
Neptune – 25 Pisces to 29 Pisces – Retrograde at 29 Pisces, Jul 2 – direct at 27 Pisces, Dec 7
Pluto – 29 Capricorn to 2 Aquarius – Retrograde at 2 Aquarius, May 2 – direct at 29 Capricorn, Oct 11
Eris – 24 Aries
Lunar Nodes – 21 Aries to 0 Aries (the Nodes retrograde through the zodiac)
Eclipses – March 24 – Lunar Eclipse, 5 Libra/Aries, – April 8 – Total Solar Eclipse 19 Aries, (eclipse path from Texas to Maine, (https://www.eclipseglasses.com/pages/total-solar-eclipse-2024)
- Sept 17 – Lunar Eclipse, 25 Pisces/Virgo, October 2 – Annular Solar Eclipse, 10 Libra (visible South America)
Mars – 27 Sagittarius to 6 Leo, December 6th, when it goes retrograde to 2 Leo on Jan 1, goes direct at 17 Cancer, Feb 23, 2025
Venus – 3 Sagittarius to 27 Aquarius
Mercury – retrograde in the Fire signs – see below
Mercury retrograde dates
- Dec 12 2023 – Jan 1 2024, 8 Capricorn – 22 Sagittarius
- Apr 1 – Apr 25, 27 Aries – 15 Aries
- Aug 4 – Aug 28, 4 Virgo – 21 Leo
- Nov 25 – Dec 15 2024, 22 Sagittarius – 6 Sagittarius
Important Mars trigger points in 2024
- Feb 12, 13 – (Mars at o Aquarius conjuncts Pluto in Aquarius)
- Apr 28 – (Mars at 28 Pisces conjuncts Neptune in Pisces)
- Apr 30 – Jun 8 – Mars in Aries
- July 15 – (Mars at 26 Taurus conjuncts Uranus in Taurus)
- These dates amplify the challenge of the intensity of heat and transformation, (Pluto), overwhelm or confusion (Neptune), and the challenge of unsettling situations and shifts, also excitement and inspiration to break free of old limitations, (Uranus).
More detailed information on the Planetary Aspects for 2024
Highlighting major shifts of focus and energy
Pluto now transiting from Capricorn (2008 to 2024) into Aquarius, in 2023, 2024, fully in Aquarius November 19 2024 – 2043
In 2024 – Pluto moves from 29 Capricorn to 2 Aquarius
Pluto in Capricorn breaks down and restructures governing systems, bureaucracies, old power structures, economies, and brings to the surface issues of authority and control that can no longer be of service to the evolution of humanity. Pluto in Capricorn intensifies power struggles, and the old systems of oppression, while at the same time bringing about destruction and catharsis to those systems. Pluto brings to the surface what has been hidden and repressed in terms of these systems, especially repressed contents and wounds in the deep foundations of nations, people and social dynamics. (The last time Pluto entered Capricorn was in 1762-1778).
The 29th degree, being the last degree of the sign (anaretic degree), is known for having the challenging task of resolving the themes of the sign. With Pluto transiting the last degrees of Capricorn in 2023 & 24, there is a reckoning with governing forces, and the organization of systems we share. As Pluto enters Aquarius developing themes will focus on community concerns, development and visions for the future. Collaboration with others will be transformed and issues of polarization will be confronted.
As Pluto finishes its movement through Capricorn, we experience the liminal space of being in the in-between. This is the last year that Pluto moves between the two signs Capricorn and Aquarius. We can experience this in 2024 as an intense need, with the timing being crucial, to solve systemic problems, while at the same time holding the vision and acting upon new beginnings.
On January 20, 2024, Pluto enters Aquarius once again. In September of 2024 Pluto drops back into the last degree of Capricorn, until November of 2024 when it fully enters Aquarius.
We experience Pluto’s sign change as being involved in powerful endings, while we feel the pull of new beginnings.
As you think about the house that Pluto will be transiting (the house in your chart with Aquarius, focusing on the 1st degree of Aquarius and the last degree of Capricorn) you can imagine that Pluto disrupts the normalcy of routines and taken for granted perspectives. Suddenly we experience the need to let go, to release, and allow something new to emerge. But as Pluto moves between signs we may have to return to something of the old to complete and resolve an issue, or pattern that no longer works. We can choose to align ourselves with the process of change, knowing we are in a dynamic initiation into new states of being and awareness.
In the sign Aquarius, Pluto begins the process of revealing, de-structuring and transforming how we connect with each other and create community. Pluto will focus our attention on equality of community members, highlighting the disenfranchised. Aquarius rules technology, social media and the digital world. Here, Pluto exposes what’s working, what’s not working in social media, exposing the underlying structures that motivate the companies and individuals involved. Its forces will expose and enact transformation around social media, the technology in the digital plane, including digital money, and issues around AI, etc. Pluto in Aquarius brings up the creativity and transformative qualities of AI as well as the dangers and complications of AI use. Aquarius is the sign of revolution and AI activates revolutionary possibilities on many levels in our culture and society. Pluto in Aquarius will uncover and expose hidden agendas around the use of AI, as well as empowering transformation with its creative use in 2024. Pluto in Aquarius will bring out the hidden agenda of the Surveillance Capitalism in which we live, to be evaluated for and by the community. As Pluto begins its journey in Aquarius agendas will be set for the themes over the next 2 decades, until 2043, when Pluto enters Pisces. We will see the redesigning of both the architecture and building of communities, and the nature of community. It’s a time for community involvement, planning, and action.
Pluto disrupts, de-structures, and exposes what has been hidden or not fully seen. It represents the underbelly of situations that suddenly erupt with intensity to overthrow what is old, and what is no longer life supporting. As the God of the Underworld, Pluto represents the mysterious dark, the unspoken, both toxic influence of held resentments, unfinished business that has fermented to explosion, and healthy process of life, the process of letting go, release, death, ending and beginnings, so rebirth or renewal can take place. Pluto also embodies condensed power held under or within, therefore representing power we embody, or power we give away, so powerlessness. Pluto is the force that intensifies, to cathartic ends. It bursts into one’s life. It can dominate and violate. Pluto’s process unfolds over time, it exposes, and reveals, what needs to be seen for evolutionary growth. It moves slowly through a few degrees, often taking about two years, and anywhere from 13 to 20 years through one sign.
With Pluto in Capricorn finishing its Pluto return in the USA chart, our collective values become the issue. What kind of government and governing structures shall we have? Are we conscious of what we are creating? We are at a potent crossroads.
Personally, when touched by Pluto in Capricorn, we make a descent into the deep inner realm of the soul. Here we experience what has been exiled from our consciousness yet is in our body’s cellular memory. It brings catharsis and rebirth, potentially healing trauma, and illuminating the unconscious preexisting identity patterns and stories. This brings about reclaiming a vital part of the self that had been loss and is now reunited. Personally, Pluto in Aquarius, transforms the ways we feel connected to each other, can expose issues of separation and belonging, can transform how we are linked to friends and community.
The Jupiter Saturn cycle and placement
Jupiter Saturn cycle in 2024, begins in a harmonious and supportive sextile to each other in January. By August, they square each other, creating an important turning point in what we as a society, and individually, are and will be creating.
With Jupiter from 5-11 Taurus sextiling Saturn from 5-11 Pisces through March, planning, studying, learning and teaching comes more easily. It marks a good time to expand a business, or start a new endeavor. The expansiveness of Jupiter is in harmony with the structuring, stability and enduring powers of Saturn. (June 2023 and again from January through March 2024 – Jupiter (5-12 Taurus) and Saturn (3-12 Pisces) reach sextile)
August 2024 – June 2025 – Jupiter and Saturn reach the waxing square, a crucial turning point in what we are creating and putting into place to lead us into the future. Jupiter 17, 14 Gemini to Saturn 17, 14 Pisces, (then in June 2025, Jupiter 1 Cancer to Saturn 1 Aries). During this period we may be slowed (Saturn) in our growth, or expansion, into new projects (Jupiter). This aspect has been called ‘crisis in action.’ It creates pressure for important decision making which will give form to what evolves over the next 5 years.
This square between Jupiter and Saturn pose an important turning point within the larger cycle that will build over the next 16 years and even building upon that over the next 195 years, that began in 2020 with the Great Mutation.
The Great Mutation – Jupiter Saturn conjunction into the Air element
A New Era Began December 21st, 2020. The Jupiter Saturn cycle then builds on its themes, in 20 year cycles, through 2199. Jupiter and Saturn alignments correlate with changing, transforming, and revising structure and shape in society and civilization.
The first stage begins in the dark, (December 2020) like a seed planted in dark soil. We experience inner stirrings, new experiences, and respond in spontaneous, impulsive and instinctive ways. In the second stage (July 2022) light begins to dawn as we pull away from the past. Here we struggle with inertia and dependency of past conditions that hold us back, so to mobilize resources to move us in a forward direction.
July 2022 – Jupiter (8 Aries) and Saturn (23 Aquarius) reach semi square – We begin to see new structures, technology, and social values evolve, with focus on community, social justice, equality, a restructuring of the meaning of healthcare and democracy over the next 20 and 180 years. But still the pull from the past can cause inertia and be a struggle to overcome.
June 2023 and again from January through March 2024 – Jupiter (5-12 Taurus) and Saturn (3-12 Pisces) reach sextile – see above
The meaning of the Great Mutation
Since 1870 these two giant planets, Jupiter and Saturn, have conjuncted every 20 years in Earth signs. In the Earth signs the focus was on the mundane world, on the organization of it, and practical implementation through economic development, the development of humanity’s use of the earth as a source of wealth, and the development of capitalism and industry.
With the Great Mutation of 2020 we refocus our priorities, moving into an era of Air Signs. The Air signs highlight the mind, ideas and communication, valuing creative and intellectual endeavors, original and innovative ideas, and the free exchange of information, technology, social media, and scientific innovation. The development of humanity will move toward a new understanding of community, the interrelatedness of everyone and everything, and the development of a consciousness of social justice. There is now support for group purpose to create new infrastructures and governing possibilities, new moral and philosophical codes of living for humanity, and the profoundly interrelated systems of life here on and around planet Earth. 2022, Jupiter moves into Pisces and Aries while Saturn stays in Aquarius.
With the 2nd phase of this cycle, beginning July 2022, topics begin to clarify, vision of where we are going find more definition. We continue the struggle to overcome the conditioning and programming of the past, but with more clarity of the road ahead. In June of 2023 we reach a time of visionary possibilities being supported, especially if we can hold the vision steady and be open to timing. We are in this phase until August 19 2024 when we enter the 3rd stage, taking direct action, clearing away old structures, actively building new ones in order to embody the new purpose.
Shadow qualities of the Aquarius.
We can see that we are already dealing with these ‘shadow’ issues, the challenges of sharing information and our different interpretations of “truth”, what is true, what is fact. We see the growth of new industry that has developed away from earth as resource for profit, to a data economy that fuels great profits. We see it in the growth of genetic engineering and innovation without the consciousness of its repercussions.
The sign, Aquarius, carries an interesting polarity of desiring more freedom, freedom of expression in all areas, including gender expression, artistic expression, and individual expression. And yet, it is also the sign of the community, of something that is greater that the individual, about collaboration and visionary possibilities. Here is the challenge and struggle between free speech and censorship, the power of the social media, freedom of expression versus values, and parameters of an industry. What are we creating? How is it affecting the collective culture and how is it shaping our youth? It sets the stage for a growth of collective awareness and consciousness to move into a more evolved state of being. We see the growth of movements and teachings around mindfulness, meditation, and the healing of trauma. We see the younger generations more open to differences and more aware of our interrelatedness with each other, the Earth, and all living beings.
More Jupiter aspects
Jupiter conjuncts Uranus on April 20th at 22 Taurus
Here in the conjunction Jupiter and Uranus blend and influence each other. (This takes place once every 14 years). Jupiter enlarges and expands the planetary archetype it touches. It elevates and increases the qualities in the other planet. Jupiter brings optimism, exuberance, confidence and abundance. It embodies higher learning, philosophy and the search for meaning. As it conjoins with Uranus, Jupiter expands Uranus’s innovative creativity, opens doors to breaking through, to enlarging our view of things taking in new perspectives. Together they encourage taking a risk, stretching into new territory and ways of seeing. Uranus excites and stimulates Jupiter’s philosophical qualities and desires to expand.
But Jupiter can also inflate and go to extremes of arrogance and pride, influencing Uranus to be rebellious in destructive ways, or without underlaying value. It can inflate the innovate abilities of Uranus to invent and create without thinking of consequences.
Jupiter in Taurus, moves into Gemini in May
Jupiter in Taurus through May 24, enters Gemini May 25th, 2024
Jupiter goes retrograde at 21 Gemini – October 8th, 2024
Jupiter goes direct at 11 Gemini – February 4th, 2025
- Check your chart to see where 5 Taurus to Gemini 21 degrees is. This area is activated with Jupiter’s expansive qualities
Jupiter in Taurus
Jupiter enlarges the qualities of the sign it is in, the practical, grounded, mellow Taurus. Taurus now seeks to give solidity to the values that have been focused on. As Taurus is a Venus ruled sign, it seeks to bring restoration, calming and stabilizing energy. With Jupiter in Taurus, we have the opportunity to experience nature more fully, and we may find more attention given to wild places and the benefits of being in nature. More conservation practices may be put in place, as well as emphasis on farming, soil, and food. Taurus is also the planet of money and will support economic stability and growth. And with Jupiter in Taurus we will want to deal with our finances in very practical, thoughtful ways.
- Heightens fixed qualities, steadying, focusing, creating
- Heightens earth energy – the senses, practical concerns, reflective, artistic, abundant
- Check your chart to see where Taurus is. This area is activated by the Jupiter transit
Jupiter enters Gemini on May 25th
Jupiter enlarges the airy qualities when in Gemini. As it moves through Gemini, communications, news, and the media are highlighted. Jupiter in Gemini promotes intellectual curiosity, inventiveness and supports being open to new ideas. Gemini is a social sign and with Jupiter enlarging its traits, the importance of connecting with others, exchanging ideas, and listening to a diversity of information becomes emphasized. Issues around the media and the internet will be in the forefront. Jupiter trines Pluto as it moves into Gemini in May, empowering us in writing and research projects, investigative journalism increases.
- Heightens the mutable qualities, sharing information, being curious, love of learning, can get overwhelmed with ideas, information with the challenge of organizing or getting to the point.
- Heightens air energy – social connection, ideas, communication, writing, optimistic, idealistic
- Check your chart to see where Gemini is, (o-21 Gemini). This area of your chart will be activated with expansion, learning, connection with others.
- Jupiter at 29 Taurus sextiles Neptune at 29 Pisces, May 23. This combination is highly imaginative and creative. Supports creative endeavors and spiritual growth, empathy, and imaginative projects, music and the arts.
- Jupiter leaves Taurus and enters Gemini in May 25 through June 9 2025.(See above).
- Jupiter at 1 Gemini trines Pluto at 1 Aquarius, June 2. This aspect of Jupiter to Pluto increases Pluto’s transformative processes and enlarges upon investigative processes. Pluto intensifies Jupiter’s vision and large projects, giving staying power.
- Jupiter reach a new phase in their 20 year cycle, the waxing square, exact August 19th, Jupiter at 17 Gemini, Saturn at 17 Pisces, then again in December 24th, at 14 Gemini and 14 Pisces. This aspect marks a crucial turning point, a crisis of action and decision making which will shape the next 5 years.
- Jupiter at 21 Gemini sextiles Chiron in Aries, Oct 12 and again Nov 2. This aspect has the potential to increase healing.
Saturn in Pisces (March 2023 through Feb 13 2026 (touches into Aries – May 24 2025-Dec 31 2025)
In 2024 Saturn moves from 3 to 19 Pisces, Saturn retrogrades 19-12 Pisces, June 29th to Nov 15th
Saturn enters Pisces on March 7th, 2023. It was last in Pisces from January 1994 – April 1996.
As Saturn enters Pisces it focuses us into our feelings and imagination. It helps us to recognize our feelings and how to skillfully navigate feeling states in grounded ways. It can help us channel powerful feelings into creative projects. Saturn in Pisces wants to give form to empathy and compassion in the collective. It can be a powerful time to release trauma and learn more about the effects of trauma. Saturn in Pisces highlights spiritual movements and cultivates our spiritual development.
Shadow side of Saturn in Pisces is inability to have empathy. It can manifest as controlling religious dogma and doctrine. Personally, we experience the shadow side when we feel unable to feel our emotions, and lack of self compassion. Saturn’s wisdom is challenging us to become more conscious of behaviors that shape us.
Saturn in Pisces can bring formalization to using altered states through mushrooms and other hallucinogenics for healing purpose. It is an opportune time to redefine the health industry, update hospitals.
- Look to see where Pisces is in your chart to know what is being activated by Saturn this year. If you find yourself struggling, slow down, and take time to thoughtfully organize and plan your forward movement.
- Saturn limits, focuses, and concentrates one’s experience in the sign it occupies. It builds boundaries to help us know our clear definitions.
- Saturn teaches us through our experience. Saturn builds stability and creates focus for our intention.
- It cultivates what we align with as the “voice of authority”. The ideal being our maturity, experience and inner intuitive wisdom that guides us
Eclipses, Mercury Retrograde and Mars Retrograde times
Mercury retrogrades in earth to Fire signs – Time to review what gives us inspiration, how we connect with our intuition, how we look at taking risks and allowing for new ways of thinking.
Mercury retrograde dates
- Dec 12 2023 – Jan 1 2024, 8 Capricorn – 22 Sagittarius
- Apr 1 – Apr 25, 27 Aries – 15 Aries
- Aug 4 – Aug 28, 4 Virgo – 21 Leo
- Nov 25 – Dec 15 2024, 22 Sagittarius – 6 Sagittarius
Mercury is the planet of the mind; how we form our thoughts and perceptions, how we communicate and connect mentally with others.
- Every year Mercury retrogrades 3 times, representing the need we all have to periodically retreat, go inward, and reconnect at deeper levels.
- It is a time for review, for fine-tuning our projects, for slowing down.
- We can expect delays, schedules or technology to stall, all with a drive to attain a natural rhythm that periodically calls us inward to reflect and review.
- Each year Mercury retrogrades in a different element. Some years it straddles two elements. In 2024 it retrogrades in earth to fire signs, exhibiting a shift in focus.
- Mercury retrograde marks a time to reflect on how clear our communication is, how we take in information and process it, how we bring it into practical form, and how to simplify more abstract thoughts. During the retrograde we can refine our responses to life and to others by cultivating greater insights into our habitual reactions.
- Mercury retrograde in fire signs – emphasizes reflection upon how we tune into our intuition, how we are connected to inspiration and revelation. It supports our review of reactive communication or how we deal with our heated emotions in communication.
- Check where the fire houses are in your chart. These mark the life area of mentally, thoughtful review.
Eclipses and the Nodes in 2024
Eclipses take place in pairs when the Earth, Moon and Sun are in exact alignment. A Solar Eclipse takes place at New Moon. A Lunar Eclipse takes place at the Full Moon. 6 Months later another pair of eclipses takes place. The Eclipses take place close to the “Nodes”. Nodes simply represent that point in space where total eclipses will take place, this perfect alignment of Sun, Moon, Earth.
Eclipses intensify the energy of the times, often exposing issues that has been hidden as it aligns with a person’s or country’s chart. They are like super full and new moons.
In January, the North Node is in Aries and the South Node is in Libra. The Nodes take 18 months to transit through a pair of opposing signs. Last time we had the nodes in Aries/Libra was December 2004 – June 2006
The North Node defines where our growth lays and in Aries it encourages us to act, be bold, and initiate new beginning, to be independent and mentally creative, attuning to new ideas. The South Node defines what needs to be released and in Libra we might be releasing being too compromising, co-dependent, or too passive. We investigate and release more positive Libra qualities, as we develop more honesty and clarity within ourselves. This is what is called for during this 18 month time period.
March 24 – Lunar Eclipse, 5 Libra/Aries, April 8 – Solar Eclipse 19 Aries, This Solar eclipse moves across the USA.
September 17 – Lunar Eclipse, 25 Pisces/Virgo, October 2 – Solar Eclipse, 10 Libra,
Mars retrograde in Leo
December 6 2024 to February 23 2025 – 6 Leo – 17 Cancer
Mars retrogrades once every two years, therefore spending a prolonged time in one sign, instead of 2 months, it stays in the sign for 6 months, heating and activating that sign, that area of your chart. This year the Mars retrograde straddles 2 signs, Leo and Cancer Check out where 6 degrees Leo – 17 Cancer is in your chart. This area is stimulated from October 5th, through May 3rd 2025.
- Mars retrograde a time to review our action, our intentions, our desires, needs and driving forces
- Mars retrograde in Leo calls for reviewing how we how we express ourselves, how we exhibit leadership, and how we act from our hearts.
- When Mars retrogrades back into Cancer, on January 6, 2025, it brings us back into our more subjective self. Issues of parenting and how we nurture others is deepened and being reviewed.
- Not a good time to initiate new projects, take bold actions or have electional surgery
- Good time to review what projects have been started
Placement of outer planets in 2024
Uranus in Taurus, 2018 through 2026
In 2024 Uranus travels between 19 – 27 Taurus. Check your chart to see where 19 – 27 Taurus is.
Uranus jolts us into sudden and unexpected new realities/situations. In this way it wakes us up to broaden our perspectives and promote more creative engagement with life.
- Uranus disengages us from secure points of view, and causes sudden separations from what we have relied on and valued.
- It brings us to the Present as it is, open, spacious, full of uncertainty, yet also full of potential gifts.
- It promotes radical change in our lives, attuning to new ways of being that are more creative, freer, and life sustaining.
- With Uranus in Taurus, the focus of awakening us to our values and our relationship with nature and the environment, is activated.
- Its potential is to bring idealism into reality, originality into tangible forms, to transform monetary systems and radically transform our relation with the environment and our Earth. It has the potential to bring about greater understanding of ecology.
- It activates the Earth signs and the fixed signs to change, wake up to new levels of perception, and go for it.
Neptune in Pisces, (2011 to 2025), in 2024 – 25 to 29 Pisces
Neptune in Pisces can bring more attunement to the many dimensions in which we live, moving beyond identifying only with the physical into the spiritual and imaginative dimensions. People are able to break out of roles that have for so long held us in place and dictated how we could be with each other. (i.e. gay marriage, gender identity) The oceans, music, the arts, spirituality, imagination, and meditation will all increase in concern and focus. (Note, the mindfulness meditation movement) The arts, music, and sound, and their role in healing will be accentuated. Prison and hospital reform will be up for us. Issues with refugees and large movements of people across borders will come to the forefront. Neptune in Pisces assists in dissolving the old paradigm. It can activate the powers of our imagination so to support breaking out of old paradigms and belief systems that limit us. What we can imagine we can create. The shadow side of Neptune in Pisces is an increase in verbal spin, manipulation through deception and propaganda, increase in denial and escapism through drugs and alcohol. The challenge: we can feel overwhelmed as the increase in emotional sensitivity takes place as open as we are to the collective emotional field. It can be very disorientating and confusing, stimulating emotional responses of victimization. So when Neptune travels through Pisces, meditation, contemplation, coming to inner stillness and utilizing our poetic imagination all promote connection to more inclusive dimensions of consciousness.
Chiron in Aries (April 2018 – April 2027) in 2024 – 15 to 23 Aries
Chiron in Aries brings to the surface for healing and acknowledgment aggressive, reactive, even violent tendencies with the potential for deepening attunement to our intuitive and courageous self. Here we are healing the orientation to blame that develops from polarizing, and with Aries need to win and dominate. We are learning to listen, healing and supporting our spirit, our courage, and the power to stand and act with faith, not knowing future outcomes. We accomplish new levels of integration by intentions in alignment with the higher good, courage to act and be our authentic selves. The USA has Chiron in Aries. As Chiron moves through Aries it triggers the USA’s buried wounds from our very beginning, and formation of our country. It brings these to the surface for healing and new levels of integration. Chiron in the USA chart has been triggered since 2015, with transiting Uranus conjunct Chiron, then transiting Pluto squared Chiron through 2018, with Saturn joining the square in 2019. Jupiter transiting Chiron through 2020. This is in lead up to the USA Pluto return, where the USA must redefine our values for our country, the meaning of democracy, and who we shall be going forward.
Pluto in Capricorn to Aquarius – see above